Monday, November 8, 2010

Precana -- is that even a real word?


I've always dreamed of getting married in a church. The tradition, the words, the blessing, and the sanctity of it all has always drawn me in. To repeat words in a sacred place that generations upon generations have celebrated their love seems so timeless to me. It's an extra special touch to our very special day.

While Ryan & I aren't the most "religious" people, we definitely are spiritual & believe there is something bigger than ourselves out there. We don't go to Church every Sunday or pray every night because we see God in our daily lives & in the people we meet, help, and share our lives with. It was relieving to know that Ryan was on board to have the Church be part of our wedding day.

St. Benedict's in Fontana said we could do precana in our home church. Thank goodness! We ended up signing up for the precana classes at Old St. Pat's here in Chicago. I absolutely love this church because they make it fun to go to church. Yes, I know. It's hard to believe, but it's true. The congregation is young, the priests are so friendly & really connect with whats going on in the world, and they accept & love everyone. Woohoo!

We had our 2nd session yesterday & are still absolutely loving it. It's much more focused on talking & communicating versus the religious aspect of marriage. They give a little talk on 2 major parts of marriage & then ask us to go & talk about them on our own. Ryan has been unbelievable about opening up & being honest. I do think it has made our relationship stronger & it's made me fall even more in love with him. I wish everyone who is getting married had to go through this program because it really does help us realize whats important & not to sweat the little things. I am so lucky to have someone so willing to give all that he can to our relationship (and he's lucky to have me too :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment