Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sorry I've been away...

Wow, things do get crazy while planning a wedding. No one told me that I'd almost lose my toe though! Actually it had nothing to do with wedding planning, but I hurt my toe at work - stitches, no nail, the whole shebang - so I haven't been in much of a blogging mood. However, I'm going to suck it up & start writing again!

So here's what has happened since I've stopped writing:

1. My wedding dress arrived to the store. Yes, it's here. My precious is here. I cannot wait to try her on again & get her tailored. You don't know much about the dress because I want to it be a surprise, but I will get to the story of how I found "the one" soon. I promise!

2. Ryan & I are getting our engagement pictures done on Tuesday, September 28th. I am so excited! We originally were going to get them taken in Chicago, but without transportation it seemed like it was going to be a bit hectic. We've decided to get them taken in Rockford, IL. I would loooove to get them taken at Khlem Arboretum, but I have to find out if we're allowed to or not. Who knows - maybe we'll be rebels & just go ahead without asking!

3. I've picked out the fabric & color of the bridesmaid dresses. My sister, Catherine, is the Maid of Honor & will be wearing a yellow shangtung silk dress while the other bridesmaids will wear navy blue cotton dresses. We're going to order them from Aria Dresses & everyone gets to pick their own style. I'm so excited for them. I'm waiting for Ryan's sister, Megan, to get back from Ireland (lucky girl!) to order the dresses, but come December I'm having all the bridesmaids over for a little measuring, ordering, and mimosa party.

4. I've found the flowergirl dress on Etsy. So adorable & so wonderfully priced. I want a yellow ribbon instead of the blue one pictured below.

Precious, right?!

5. I've contacted the Gailey family's friend to see if he can possibly do our flowers for the wedding. I'm waiting to hear back from him, so I can't wait to see if he'll help make our day even more beautiful! I also can't wait to talk about centerpieces, boutiques, boutonnieres, etc. Ahhh, so fun!

Alright, I think we're up to speed now. Phew - a lot has happened, huh? Don't worry - each point will get their own entry further down the road :D

No comments:

Post a Comment